Gear up for summer! Ensure that your electric golf carts are in prime condition for the summer season with routine maintenance and check-ups. At Gator Sports, we service golf carts to prepare you and your customers for a day out on the course or simply, safe neighborhood roaming. Regular preventative maintenance will keep your vehicle working for years to come. We are here to help answer your questions and concerns as well as give you a few tips on how to maintain your Club Car Electric Golf Cart.
Your golf cart’s battery is one of the most vital components of your vehicle and one of the most expensive. A neglected battery is one sure way to damage your cart and exacerbate the problem. Here are few tips to avoid damaging your batteries and instead, maximize its life.
- Charge the batteries after each use but do not leave it overnight. Charge them no longer than necessary.
- Check your electrolyte level weekly, add water if needed. (Charge your battery before adding water)
- Ensure that the battery hold-downs are tight. The battery should not move while the golf cart is in motion.
- Replace worn insulation or frayed wires.
- To clean the tops of the batteries and within the terminals, use one cup of baking soda per gallon of water and clean monthly.
- Always read the manual and instructions for your battery. Remember that leaving your Club Car batteries uncharged, overfilling, or adding water when it’s not needed can severely damage your battery.
Your battery isn’t the only part of your cart that you need to regularly maintain. Semi-annual maintenance should be done consistently.
- Check tire pressure
- Have a trained technician inspect the brake system, electrical system, wheel alignment, camber and toe-in.
- Have a trained technician lubricate your charger receptacle, brake system, and front suspension.
Proper and continuous maintenance will ensure that your vehicle is functioning properly. Save yourself from a potential problem; call Gator Sports today to schedule an appointment.